Want to know where you can live while studying at Trinity College? We have a range of accommodation options to suit every student.

Student accommodation

Students who attend Trinity College become part of our welcoming and friendly community. Whether you need some help finding accommodation, or want to know more about living in Melbourne - our teachers and staff are always willing to help out.

What type of housing accommodation can I stay in?

Trinity College has a range of accommodation options to suit every student. From apartments to student rooming houses, you'll feel right at home while living in a safe and secure environment in inner-Melbourne. Our friendly staff work closely with accommodation providers to give you the best possible living arrangements.

Where you live forms a big part of your overall experience while studying in Melbourne. Our accommodation options are designed to make you feel comfortable, so you can enjoy your time while undertaking the Trinity College Foundation Studies program. You can choose from three accommodation options.

Student apartments

Each student apartment has its own kitchen and bathroom. Apartments may be studio, one or two-bedroom, or three to six-bedroom multi-share, and most are allocated within walking distance, or a short tram ride, to Trinity College. Some student apartment costs cover electricity, gas and internet access. Students are required to commit to a six to 12-month lease agreement.


Student rooming houses

Student rooming houses are designed specially to cater to the needs of students. Students usually have their own bedrooms but share bathrooms, kitchen and lounge areas. Each room is furnished and is usually within walking distance, or a short tram ride, to Trinity College. Utility bills such as electricity, gas and water are included in the rental fee. Students are required to commit to a six to 12-month lease agreement.


Private apartments and houses (18+)

Private apartments allow students greater independence while studying at Trinity College. Apartments are usually furnished, and students should allow some time before the commencement of their course to find a suitable option.


Who can help me with accommodation?

Our staff at the TCFS accommodation office can help you find the best accommodation to suit your needs. They can help you book your accommodation while providing information, advice and referrals.

Where can I live if I'm under the age of 18?

Students under 18 must live in accommodation that's been approved by Trinity College to ensure you'll be well looked after by a trusted accommodation provider. You may live in private accommodation if a legal guardian or approved person is living there as their full-time residence.


All students under 18 are required to go directly to their pre arranged accommodation on arrival in Australia. The student and family are welcome to apply for an interim stay away from the accommodation. This can be done after arrival and check in. The family will need to visit the Welfare Office located at 200 Victoria St, Carlton.

They will need to bring the following items:

  • Parent's passport and visa
  • Confirmed hotel booking
  • Parents travel Itinerary and return air ticket.

Change of Address and Contact Details

Upon arriving in Australia you are required to advise us of your residential and email address, mobile number, including who to contact in an emergency situation. Any subsequent changes to these contact details must be updated within seven days in accordance with student visa condition 8533. 

It is your responsibility to ensure that you always update your contact details at least every 6 months at Trinity to ensure you receive important information. 

Under 18 Students : In accordance with visa condition 8532, students under 18 must seek approval from Trinity College before changing their accommodation arrangements. 

Trinity College provides safe and enjoyable accommodation options that offer an easy and seamless transition into student life.

You can visit Trinity College's accommodation map to see where you could be placed, check out our accommodation options for students under 18 years of age, or explore our accommodation options for students who are over 18 years of age.