Students under 18

Special accommodation arrangements must be made for students under 18 years of age. These requirements are in line with the Australian Government regulations for the care and welfare of international students under 18.

StudentsUnder18 658x168

Students must live in accommodation that has been approved by Trinity College or by the Australian Department of Home Affairs (HA) before HA will process their student visa application.

For students who choose to have their accommodation arrangements approved by Trinity College, if these arrangements are deemed satisfactory and in accordance with HA, the College will issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation Welfare form (CAAW) together with the Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) 

Change of Address and Contact Details

Upon arriving in Australia you are required to advise us of your residential and email address, mobile number, including who to contact in an 
emergency situation. Any subsequent changes to these contact details must be updated within seven days in accordance with 
student visa condition 8533. 

It is your responsibility to ensure that you always update your contact details at least every 6 months at Trinity to ensure you receive important 

Under 18 Students : In accordance with visa condition 8532, under eighteen students must seek approval from Trinity College before changing 
their accommodation arrangements. 


Important note: Please choose your accommodation arrangement options carefully. Once a CAAW is issued for the student to live in under 18 pre-approved accommodation, the student can only move to under 18 pre-approved accommodation. No private address and/or living arrangements will be considered thereafter. 

Accommodation options for students under 18

Rooming Houses for students under 18: where students usually have their own bedroom but share a bathroom, kitchen and living space with other residents. 

Apartments for students under 18: which are fully self-contained with their own kitchens and bathrooms. 

Urbanest:  preferred safe and secure accomodation within walking distance to school.

Homestay: where students live in the private home of an approved family. 

Homestay (Chinese)

Private accommodation: students are able to reside with a minder, parent or legal custodian living full-time at the residence who takes responsibility for them

Approved room allocations for students under the age of 18

U18 shared accommodation policy

Fact sheet published by the Australian Government.