In this subject, you'll be introduced to the dynamic world of the media and associated industries, and their influence on society and the individual.
Through a combination of theory, application and practice, you will emerge with a greater understanding of how the media works and an ability to design and produce a range of media products.
- Media literacy, media representation, film language, genre theory, audiences
- The story of film: from silent movies to blockbusters
- Film marketing and advertising: the trailer and film poster
- Journalism and the newsroom: online and broadcast
- Marketing and communications: traditional and new media advertising forms, brands and bran identity and public relations.
Major project: 20%
Exams: mid year 20%; final 30%
In-class tasks and participation: 5%