In this subject, students are introduced to the dynamic world of the media and associated industries, and their influence on society and the individual.
Through a combination of theory, application and practice, students emerge with a greater understanding of how the media works and an ability to design and produce a range of media products.
- media literacy, media representation, film language, genre theory, audiences
- the story of film: from silent movies to blockbusters
- film marketing and advertising: the trailer and film poster
- journalism and the newsroom: online and broadcast
- marketing and communications: traditional and new media advertising forms, brands and brand identity, and public relations
Exams: mid-year 20%; final 30%
In-class tasks and participation: 5%
Major report: 20%