Students sitting at a table

Student Accommodation Over 18

Trinity College has close relationships with a number of trusted providers to make selecting safe and convenient accommodation easy.

Finding you the right accommodation

Trinity College works with a number of third parties that provide accommodation for international students. These accommodation providers focus on community engagement, social interaction and safety, and have 24/7 security, on-site student support and integrated technology. The options below are a great stepping stone to prepare students for more independent living options later in their studies. They provide the right level of support for students over 18 years, so students can be independent, yet still have access to staff support and guidance with everyday tasks like cooking and shopping if needed. The below accommodation options are tailored to international students, so are also a great place to make friends. 

What's included?

Our approved student accommodation is within walking distance from Trinity College and the University of Melbourne and includes fully furnished rooms and apartments with high-quality fixtures and fittings. Rent is all-inclusive for your convenience and covers electricity, water, contents insurance, fast and reliable Wi-Fi, a coin-operated laundry, secure bike storage, and communal spaces such as gyms, games areas, group study rooms, big-screen TV areas and barbecue areas. 

Some accommodation providers have cafes on-site and/or provide free breakfast and other meals throughout the week. There are also self-catered options, and we recommend students have some basic cooking skills before arriving. 

Lease terms

Students usually need to commit to staying in their accommodation for at least 6 or 12 months under a lease agreement or contract. If they vacate before the end of the lease/contract period, they may be required to continue paying the rent for the duration of the original lease/contract. As per the Residential Tenancies (Residential Tenancies Amendment Act 2018) Transitional Regulations 2021 (Victoria), penalties apply to breaking a lease/ contract. These penalties should be discussed with the accommodation provider prior to accepting or signing a new lease/contract.

Review your options

Asian Student Accommodation

2 Eveline St, Bruns

Price per week: AUD 430–495

Contact:  Mrs Mano Guy
+61 3 9388 2939

12 beds (6 single rooms and 6 twin-share)

Bedroom only accommodation with shared bathroom, kitchen and common areas

Beautifully renovated, very clean, well-maintained terrace house, with live-in managers

Full board includes 3 meals, 6 days a week


Carlton Residence

77 Bouverie St, Carlton

Price per week: AUD 290-395

Contact:  Miss Ying Lim
+61 3 9347 1008

88 beds (single/studio, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments available)

2-bedroom share option with another tenant of the same gender (individual lease agreements)


Grattan House

16-20 Grattan Place, Carlton

Price per week: AUD 280-320

Contact: Tony Ammendola, or Patrick De Sensi
+61 3 (0) 421364983
+61 3 (0) 412556927

18 bedrooms

consists of two floors with 9 students on each floor. Both floors are independent from each other and have a central living area with TV, fully equipped kitchen, fully serviced laundry and bathroom facilities

fully furnished with a bed, large wardrobe, desk, chair, air conditioning, heating and free internet

rates include all electricity, gas, water and laundry usage


Journal Student Living, Central

500 Swanston St, Carlton

Price per week: AUD 349-549

+61 3 9001 0698

458  apartments (single/studio, twin-share, 3 and 4-bedroom multishare apartments available)

Modern, purpose-built student accommodation, with onsite staff

Rent includes unlimited high-speed Wi-Fii, water and electricity


Scape LaTrobe


50 La Trobe St, Melbourne 

Price per week:  AUD 315-499

+61 3 9977 8088
Enquire here

594 beds (studio, twin-share, 2, 4, 6, and 7-bedroom multishare available)

Fully furnished, purpose-built student accommodation


Scape Melbourne Central

316 La Trobe St, Melbourne

Price per week: AUD 339-535

+61 3 9977 8088
Enquire here

462 compact apartments (single/studio, twin-share and multishare share options with individual lease agreements available)

Rent includes electricity, water, contents insurance and unlimited wireless internet


PLEASE NOTE: Prices listed, and photos are indicative only and subject to change without notice.  Students and their families are responsible for making their own assessment of the information provided and of the suitability of the accommodation. Trinity will not accept any liability that may be incurred by any person acting in reliance upon the information provided.

Contact us

Should you have any accommodation queries, please contact the Trinity College Foundation Studies Accommodation Office on