The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) requires that international students have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their studies in Australia, prior to applying for a student visa.
Trinity College will arrange Visa Length OSHC on behalf of all students. The OSHC payment will be included in the total amount owing to Trinity College as outlined on the Acceptance and Invoice document. The OSHC amount charged has been assessed to commence from the date of arrival in Australia until the student's visa end date. This is called Visa Length Cover.
Students who are applying for a Certificate of Entitlement (COE) and visa, which will cover both Foundation Studies and their University studies, must pay the amount displayed on the Invoice and Acceptance form under the 'Packaged Visa' box.
OSHC membership cards will be given to students during their first week of studies at Trinity. If a student has seen a doctor before commencing at Trinity, this can still be claimed as the OSHC cover commences from the day the student arrives in Australia. Please ensure you retain any doctors' receipts.
OSHC membership - what next?
- Confirm personal details such as name, date of birth and address in Australia.
- Confirm arrival date to Australia and the commencement date of your course. If you change intakes after enrolling at Trinity College, the commencement date and expiry date of the OSHC may be incorrect. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure these details are correct.
- Pay annual renewals following completion of studies at Trinity College Foundation Studies.
- Current students who have extended their length of study at Trinity College by transferring from one Foundation Studies intake to another will need to update the expiry date of their OSHC by making further payments to the health insurance provider. Students will need to show valid OSHC to the Immigration Officer when submitting their new COE to apply for a visa extension.
- Your policy number is your Trinity Student ID Number followed by 'TRI', eg: 1234567TRI.
To make any of these changes, or to pay your annual membership, use one of the following options:
Find out more about OSHC
- Go to the OSHC website
- Visit the University of Melbourne Health Service in person at:
138-146 Cardigan St, Carlton.
Hours – Monday to Friday (12–4pm)
- Telephone – 13 67 42
- Email: email@example.com
Students are advised to ensure that their OSHC membership card details are correct. If your OSHC card is not valid or incorrect you may be required to pay for a medical consultation.