For over 20 years, students from Australia and across the world have enjoyed the flexibility and rigour of Trinity College's online Theology courses.
Trinity College's online program provides students from around Australia and across the world the opportunity to study for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Theology as part of an online, ecumenical and international learning community.
What Trinity College Offers Online
- access to world-class scholarships and high-quality education
- complete awards at Diploma, Bachelor, Graduate Diploma and Masters level
- individual units towards any of the awards offered by Trinity College
- flexibility for students who are unable to attend any or all of their classes face-to-face
- opportunities to intereact with diverse students from around the globe.
How Online Study Works
Online units are delivered as accompanied online learning, where students engage with their peers and teachers using the technology of the Internet. Units are based on 12-week semesters, with topics being covered each week or in six fortnightly sessions.
Students have access to engaging video lectures, virtual discussion forums (tutorials) and readings through our ARK learning website. Assignments are posted online for assessment.
Some units may be offered in synchronous format, meaning that students will need to be able to be online at the time the units is being taught. Often these units will be held in the evenings (6 to 9 pm).
Students will need access to an up-to-date laptop or computer, and be connected to the internet with a package allowing a moderate-to-high download capacity.
Who Studies Theology Online?
Online courses are popular with:
- people who want to start exploring Theology while continuing in their existing employment
- people who live at some distance from Theological schools
- people for whom class attendance is physically difficult
- people considering ordination or other Christian ministry.
What Courses Are Offered?
All our diplomas and degrees can be completed online. Please see our Courses page for descriptions of these.