This subject develops mathematical knowledge and skills in pre-calculus, calculus, matrices, statistics and probability, as preparation for a wide variety of university courses.
- review of algebra and trigonometry
- functions, applications of derivatives
- limits, continuity, differentiability, differentiation from first principles, differentiation formulae
- anti-differentiation, fundamental theorem of calculus, evaluation of areas.
- indefinite integrals and further applications of integration
- matrix methods, statistics
- permutations and combinations
- introduction to probability, probability distributions, expected value, standard deviation
- binomial, hypergeometric and geometric distributions
- continuous probability density functions, mean, median, variance and applications
- normal distribution, confidence intervals for a population proportion.
Class work: 5%
Dr. Hamed Moradi
BCom/BSc, BSc(Hon), PhD Monash