Many students decide to go on a work placement during their university studies to increase their future job prospects.
Participate in careers events and other activities as a student, graduate, alumni, or employer to get involved in our work experience and employment program.
There many different types of work experience available to students:
- vocation placements during summer or winter breaks (usually in the student's penultimate year)
- internships are often 3 to 6 months
- course related part-time or causal work
- work experience that is embedded in your course work: Vocational experience
- clubs and societies.
Under the Fair Work Act, work experience generally needs to be paid, except where it is:
- voluntary work within a not-for-profit organisation
- part of your course (a ‘vocational placement’ as defined in the Fair Work Act; this is work placement embedded into your course).
To learn more visit the Fairwork website.
Industry Events and Networking
Did you know that up to 70% of jobs are never advertised?
This hidden job market can be unlocked by learning how to connect and access Trinity’s global network of alumni. Employers can benefit by connecting to Trinity students and alumni.
The Careers & Alumni Office facilitate a wide range of networking events on campus.
Visit our events page for upcoming workshops, industry and networking events.