Values & Future Vision
Trinity College provides a world-class collegiate education.
A Trinity education encourages academic excellence within an all-round, balanced education that promotes:
- personal and intellectual maturity
- international, intercultural and interfaith awareness and understanding
- ethical values, personal integrity, social responsibility and active citizenship
- a capacity to think, interpret and communicate clearly
- the ability to cope with change.
Strongly committed to gender equality, Trinity was the first university college in Australia to admit women as non-resident students (1883) and to provide a residential college facility for women (Trinity College Hostel, 1886, now Janet Clarke Hall). Trinity College has been fully co-residential since 1974.
Over more than 140 years, Trinity College has welcomed students from over 60 countries, together with Indigenous and non-indigenous Australians, valuing this diversity and upholding inclusiveness and respect for all.