Generous benefactors enable the Theological School to offer scholarships and other forms of financial assistance to students of the School.
Download the 2018 Scholarship Application Form (449KB Word Doc.)
The Joan Adams Scholarships in Theology
Founded in 2016, the Joan Adams Scholarships are to be used to attract outstanding students to study theology at the School. A particular focus is on applicants who have the ability to provide leadership in the academic environment of the College, and in the wider Church, both during the term of the scholarship, and during their subsequent careers.
Download the 2018 Joan Adams Scholarship Information (274KB PDF). Applications for 2018 close on 5 JANUARY 2018.
The Morna Sturrock Doctoral Fellowship
The Morna Sturrock Fellowship was established in 2008 by a group of supporters of women in ministry and leadership in the Anglican Church to foster women as theological scholars at doctoral level. Applications for this scholarship are not currently being accepted.
Resident Theological Scholarships
Trinity offers two undergraduate scholarships for students studying at the University of Divinity. Living on campus provides a wonderful opportunity to be formed in Christian ministry in a stimulating, supportive environment. Applicants wil be expected to be studying full time and to contribute actively to the Chapel and worship life of the College. For consideration, please submit a resume with a covering letter, along with a recommendation from your parish minister, to the Registrar of the Theological School. Nominations are reviewed by the Dean of the Theological School then sent to the Dean of the Residential College. You will also need to apply for residence at a University of Melbourne College.
Other Fixed-term Financial Support
- The Geoff and Edith Pitcher Scholarships (2013)
- The Susan Sandford Scholarship (2014)
- The Rosemary Young Scholarship (2014) for female students only.
Applications for all scholarships and studentships are called for in November each year. If you will be unable to study without financial assistance, you should write to the Registrar at the earliest opportunity to place your name on the list for consideration.
Studentships for Ordinands
Trinity has several funds available to assist in the training of candidates for ordained ministry. In general, these funds are not distributed to individual students as financial support, but are designed to offset the cost of fees for the Formation Program and other non-university training that is undertaken at Trinity. These funds include:
- The Albury Studentship (1991) for support of candidates from the Diocese of Wangaratta only (may include stipend)
- The Florinda Anderson Studentship (1926) for the education of deserving students from the Diocese of Ballarat
- The Bishop's, Payne, Rupertswood and Florence Stanbridge (1878) studentships for the promotion of learning amongst candidates for Holy Orders from the Diocese of Melbourne (preferably later-year students who have passed Greek)
- The Nigel and Margery Herring Studentship (2011) for a candidate for ordination with financial need.
- The Kew (1878), Marley (1887) and Combedown (1898) studentships for candidates in the Diocese of Melbourne.
- The Richard Grice (1879), Henty (1879), Moorhouse (1921) and Frank Woods (1977) Studentships to train candidates for Holy Orders within any one of the several Dioceses in the Province of Victoria.
- The Upton-Everest (1963), A.V. Green (1964), A.F. Tweedie (1964), Esmond Sutton (1980), Daisy Searby (1983), Sydney Smith (1986), Alfred Bird (1998) and John Liversidge (2012) studentships to assist the training of candidates for the Anglican Ministry.
- The A.M. White Studentship (1943) for 'protestant' candidates for admission to Holy Orders in financial need.
- The Joseph Burke Studentship (1993) for a student of Theology.
Klingner Scholarship (St Peter's Eastern Hill)
Founded in 1975, this scholarship worth $8,000 for 2018 supports members of the St Peter’s Guild of Servers or “other suitable candidates” in training for Holy Orders through Trinity College. The recipient will be expected to connect with and contribute to St Peter’s Eastern Hill during the year, for example, by means of a placement.
Please see further details on the Klingner Scholarship Application Form 2018. Applications for the 2018 scholarship closed on 31 October 2017.