We provide practical resume advice and can help you tailor your resume to meet the key criteria of the position you are applying for.
For current students, we run workshops in each semester to take the stress out of putting together a winning job application. Visit our events page for the next session.
Hear some of the University of Melbourne alumni share their tips on job applications.
Getting a professional role:
- Research and target key organisations in your chosen industry. Check their career pages and Google if there are application tips online.
- Build commercial awareness. Follow the news & trends, this will help you know where are the jobs and opportunities are in your field.
- Understand the recruitment process. Find out when is the best time to apply for an internship or graduate position, and the steps you will need to go through in order to be successful. Graduate programs usually recruit in March, while internships/vocation placements recruit throughout the year.
- Create your online professional profile on LinkedIn and begin networking.
- Attend career events and information sessions held by the College and the University of Melbourne.
- Join a professional association or club, participate in online forums, read and engage with your professors, and get active in the Trinity community.
Did you know that up to 70% of jobs are never advertised?
This hidden job market can be unlocked by learning how to connect and access Trinity's global network of alumni.
Looking for part-time casual work?
- While studying, a part-time casual job can really expand your social network, improve your confidence and provide you with some extra money.
- Target large companies that are familiar with employing students and that pay award wages. Visit the careers section of their websites to see the latest job opportunities, and be ready to apply online.
- A part-time causal resume provides a brief snap-shot of your skills and experience and lists your availability. It should be only one page, and is different to a professional resume.